Why Start a MOPS Group?
Pastors believe that a MOPS group is a catalyst for their church growth.
We’ll provide all the training, resources and coaching to equip volunteers to lead a MOPS group with confidence, so that you and your leaders can focus on what matters most: building relationships with young families and introducing them to Jesus.
The Benefits of MOPS in Your Church
Proven Growth Tool
- Enables a genuine and engaging first-time church experience.
- Fosters an intentional environment for moms to connect with one another.
Volunteer Led Ministry
- Provides tools, training and coaching to equip volunteers to lead a MOPS group with confidence.
- Eliminates the stress of meeting coordination, simply requiring access to church meeting space.
In-Depth Evangelism Training
- Access to mom, leader, children’s curriculum – all based on biblical truth and the story of Jesus.
- Teaches simple, relational-based tactics for communicating the love of Christ.
The Impact of MOPS in Your Community
A Welcoming Place for Moms to Meet Jesus
- A gathering place for every mom, from every background, with any story.
- Offers moms a much-needed break to catch her breath and remind her who she is.
Connects Young Families to Your Church
- Provides encouragement, community and support specifically for new moms.
- Promotes participation in the local church community.
Encouragement and Hope Shared in Your Neighborhood
- Positions the church to invite moms who are looking for the type of connection that MOPS provides.
- Allows moms to become the best version of themselves, for their families and the people in their communities.
What pastors are saying about MOPS
Christ Community Church
How Does a MOPS Group Work?
MOPS provides everything your leaders need to start their group and engage the moms in your community. When you start a MOPS group in your church, your group leaders will receive:relationships with young families and introducing them to Jesus.
MOPS INTERNATIONAL CONNECTS FAMILIES TO YOUR CHURCH THROUGH HIGH-QUALITY, SIMPLE GATHERINGS THAT WELCOME MOMS TOGETHER TO SHARE LIFE, MOTHERHOOD, AND JESUS
PROMOTES PARTICIPATION IN THE LOCAL CHURCH
- Groups are connected to a local church for spiritual support. Your
church simply provides a welcoming meeting space.
- This ministry is a proven growth tool by inviting new families
into your church.
- Curriculum equips mothers to be leaders and serve in the church.
ENCOURAGEMENT, COMMUNITY, AND PARENTING SUPPORT FOR ALL MOTHERS
- MOPS is for all mothers with school-age children or younger.
- Our meeting strategy fosters an environment for moms to
connect with one another in Christ-based relationships.
- A supportive place for motherhood learning.
A SAFE PLACE FOR MOMS TO MEET JESUS
- Leaders use simple bible-based instruction and devotionals.
- A safe place for moms from every background, with any story,
to grow closer to Jesus
SPREAD HOPE THROUGHOUT YOUR COMMUNITY
- This ministry empowers women to make a difference in her
community as a servant-leader.
- MOPS groups are meeting in 17 countries in Africa and 65
countries around the globe.
- Better moms make a better world!
SUPPORT FROM MOPS INTERNATIONAL
- Scholarship available to start or renew a MOPS group.
- MOPS is not a financial relief organization. We are a volunteer
organization that provides an outreach to mothers.
- Leaders are connected to local coaches for training and
HOW CAN MOPS SUPPORT YOUR GROUP?
Online Group Experience Kit
- Click the “Start a MOPS Group” button and fill out our form. A MOPS representative will contact you shortly after to answer any questions you may have.
- Identify a woman in your church to serve as the group leader.
- Register your MOPS group so your leaders gain access to online resources and leadership training.